Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate No Bake cookies

Who doesn't love chocolate peanut butter no bakes? Scott and I are certainly no exception. After searching and making these many times, I've finally settled on a recipe that I love. It has more cocoa and more peanut butter than most so the flavor is deeper and more meaningful. 



Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

In a medium saucepan, combine:

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar

Bring to a boil and let boil no longer than 1 minute. Longer = more crumbly, shorter = more gooey. Remove pan from heat and ADD:

3/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick oats


Stir until completely combined. I add the peanut butter and vanilla first, stir until it's melted, then add the oats. Drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Cool and enjoy! ...or eat a spoonful straight out of the pan, burn your tongue, yet rejoice in the deliciousness.

**I am a mess minimalist when it comes to these. I use a 1/2 c. measuring cup for everything except the oats. Measure the sugar first, then cocoa, then milk, then peanut butter. I pile the peanut butter high to what looks about 3/4 cup. It's not rocket science and doesn't have to be perfect. Then I use a 1 c. measurer for the oats, and pour the vanilla from the cap. Easy peasy fast clean up!



1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a really good no-bake cookie recipe for a long time- can't wait to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete