Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Magical Mint Kiss Cookies


I never posted my family's favorite sweet potato recipe. Oops. I'll get around to that later...

For now....

Magical Mint Kiss Cookies

1 C. butter
2/3 C. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 C. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
48 candy cane kisses
powdered sugar

Blend the butter, sugar and vanilla til creamy. Mix the flour and cocoa in a separate bowl. Gradually add into the butter mixture. Beat til creamy. Mold a scant tablespoon dough around a kiss, shape into a ball. Bake at 350 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. (7 1/2 minutes seemed about perfect to me)

Let cool on pan for a minute or two. Transfer to cooling rack. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar.

*the recipe says to cool completely before rolling in the powdered sugar, I prefer to roll mine when still slightly warm so the sugar melts just a tiny.

YUM!!!!!!!!!

*as you can see from the picture, I took a plate full to a Relief Society activity and they were the most popular on a table full of chocolate. Lots of people asked me about them :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! :o) I can't wait to try em! PS--your family's favorite sweet potato recipe is also Mitch's family's favorite! It's the best thing on the table every Thanksgiving, and there are NEVER any leftovers!! MMM! When I heard about it in your last post I was shocked b/c i'd never heard about that recipe until I married Mitch! His mom started making it b/c her kids didn't like the texture of sweet potatoes. What a yummy alternative! It's definitely a tradition in our house :o)

    ReplyDelete