Friday, April 16, 2010

Jamaican Jerk Chicken. YUM!

New Recipe tonight: Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Found it somewhere online, can't remember where. Next time I will be altering it a little, but overall it was quite tasty!

Jamaican Chicken
Combine in large bowl (or 8 qt. glass thing):
2 TBL garlic powder
1 TBL sugar (I might do a little more next time)
1 TBL allspice
1 TBL thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I did 3/4 teaspoon and it was pretty spicy!)
1 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon sage
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Whisk in slowly: (I don't know the definition of slow, I whisked consistently :-))

1/4 C. olive oil (I put a little more than an 1/8 C.)
1/4 C. soy sauce (I might put a little more next time)
3/4 C. white vinegar (TOO MUCH! I thought it was way too vinegary. I will half it next time)
1/2 C. orange juice
juice of one lime

Add in:
1 habenero pepper (No way, I did a jalapeno. Might have altered the flavor.) SEEDED and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 C. onion, chopped
4-6 chicken breast halves
Let marinate for about an hour. Grill and baste with the marinade til done. Boil the remaining for extra sauce.
Looks like this:

Tastes like this: YUMMY! and spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment