Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Trail Mix

When I was attending college, my mom decided to send me a Fall Care Package one season.
Getting a package as a college student is equivalent to finding a $20 bill in an old coat pocket.
Awesome.
Inside this package were a few odds and ends including my first experience with the Leaves candle (bath and body works), and my mom's new creation: Fall Trail Mix.
Of course, I became hooked on the mix, and now every October, on General Conference weekend, I make this delicious sweet 'n salty snack.

Fall Trail Mix

1 entire bag M&M's, Harvest colors (12.6 oz)
2 c. dry roasted peanuts
2 c. candy corn

Mix together in a bowl or plastic bag. Store in ziploc bag. Usually stays fresh 1-2 weeks. Makes about 6 cups.
The ratios can be adjusted depending on preference.


p.s. for some reason, the Brach's candy corn doesn't taste quite right to me, but I can't remember what brand I usually use. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment